Friday, March 23, 2007

Extra casual Friday

There was another wacky Playgirl party last night, and I intended to stick to my usual four-drink-on-full-stomach-over-several-hours plan, but party enforcer Jess got me that one last Jamesons, and who was I to refuse? So this morning, departing from chateau my beau, I couldn't bear putting heels on again and went with the only other option, flops, plus his shirt and sweater which are way too big for me. Now I look like a hobo lady* but not in a "fashionable" Olsen-twin way, and I'm all lastnightsmakeup.com. And yet I still think I had a few fellers checking me out, though they might have been considering offering me some change, which I would not have refused either. Today's ensemble is also remarkably similar to how I dressed in college. (The coat, a faux-fur '70s number that should have been retired several winters ago, I did wear in college.) I wonder why I never had a boyfriend back then?

*Remember when a popular default boys' Halloween costume was "hobo"? That's kind of messed up.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger lioux said…

    This reminds me of the time my friend Wendy was offered a few bucks on the subway because she was mistaken for being homeless.

    The person actually MADE her take the money.

    Seriously.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Clinton said…

    No worries... I always dress like a homeless person, in the sense that I wear clothes until they rot off my body and I'm forced to buy new ones.

    Also because I'm ALWAYS carrying a big bag of aluminium cans.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    I'm sure you look a lot better than you think my dear. You're a purty girl.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Your friend Wendy sounds like she has good fashion style, Lioux.
    Clinton, I like to carry my belongings in a polka-dot kerchief on the end of a stick; you should try that.
    As a side note, at the end of the party, an unwanted admirer cornered me. Since he kept referring to the pattern on my dress as camoflauge (it was trees), I started talking about 'Nam to try to drive him away. It didn't work.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Jules: shucks!

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Hoosier Joe said…

    Yes, but have you ever worn the same dirty, smelly, wrinkled clothes from the night before to work? ... Uh, me neither.

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger kristina wong said…

    i wish i was there to carry you home in a bodybag

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home